Ultimate Goal: An Architectural Designer specialising in Design Technologies/Digital Design (Design and Architecture)
I wish to improve my knowledge and experience in the following areas of specialisation following my graduation in July this year in Architectural Computing:
- Building Information Modelling
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D Visualisations/Renders
- Multimedia/Graphic Design (Logos, Posters, Presentations etc.)
My aim is to work on different architectural projects where my skills and experience in these areas of specialisation will make valuable contributions to individual projects.
I hoping to develop further skills in architecture & design in my second degree, “Design In Architecture”.
- Architectural Computing Graduate with above credit average results. Distinctions in “Graduation Project”, “Design Information Management”, “BIM in Design Practice” and
“Introductory Japanese A” and High Distinction in “From Catchments to Oceans”.
- Awarded Senior Science Prize in Year 12 from Trinity Grammar School
- At my time in Trinity Grammar School, I was House Vice Captain for Kerrigan House. Duties I did were:
- mentoring and nurturing junior students in my house
- taking records of student attendance in assemblies.
- responsibility of returning lost properties to students (eg. Record books, sport bags etc.)
- organising house events (eg. House Barbeque, meetings etc.)
Univeristy of Sydney 2012-
Bachelor of Design in Architecture (middle of completing)
Univeristy of New South Wales 2008-2011
Bachelor of Architectural Computing (BArchComp)
Trinity Grammar School, Summer Hill 2007
Higher School Certificate
Proficiency with graphic design and multimedia software:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Flash
Proficiency with Building Information Modelling/Computer Aid design software:
- Autodesk Revit Architecture
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk 3Ds MAX
- Rhino and Grasshopper (Plugin from Rhino)
- Google Sketchup
Technical skills I’m proficient with:
- Experience with designing sketches of designs and textures
- Interpreting Architectural Design plans & drawings
- Experience in cost analysis and environmental analysis
- Experiencing with planning multimedia or graphical design presentations by creating moodboards and storyboards
Personal skills I’m proficient with:
- A confident team player who’s willing to meet new people and learn from their skills and experience
- A good orgainser by planning ahead what tasks I need to do through calendars and diaries and good with managing time wisely
- An individual willing to learn and explore new things
- Leadership skills based from my time as house vice captain in year 12.
DesignInc, North Sydney NSW 2060 2012
- Work experience with the Building Information / CAD Manager of the company
- Generated structures of form models using a special structural steel generator program plus created instructions on how to use the structural generator program.
- Created family components of workstations and chairs then created office layouts using Revit.
- Created components of furniture using Revit then creating an office layout using Revit.
- Assisted to create and update the Revit family component database by making sure the links are working properly and that all the settings for each family (eg. desk) have shared parameters.
- Developed my organizational skills with the Revit scheduling tool and time management skills by using efficient workflows and keyboard
- Developed some advanced skills with Revit. One was learning how to create complex forms using adaptive families. Another was learning how to create a glass louvre curtain panel and applying it to a curtain wall.
- I’ve been able to improve my skills and confidence in Revit and the area of Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Destech Builders, Randwick NSW 2031 2012
- Site observation of a luxury house construction in Strathfield
- Observing the different duties and roles of workers and labourers in a construction site.
- Learning some useful construction tips such as learning to make concrete
- Got the opportunity to lay a brick in a construction site for the first time
Dales Jones-Evans Pty Ltd Architecture, Surry Hills NSW 2010 2010
- Worked on an apartment space project. I started drawing the apartment space with the help of one of the architects. Then used my Revit knowledge to create this apartment space.
- Worked on another project which was a design of a parkland where I used Adobe Photoshop to adjust and create the trees from photographs.
Young + Metcalf Architects, Paddington NSW 2021 2010
- Voluntary work on a project using Adobe Photoshop
- Observed work that was carried out in the practice
Boffa and Robertsons Group Architectural Practice, Chatswood NSW 2067 2008
- Voluntary work on one of their projects using AutoCAD
- Observed the work in progress in the practice. Also how they used Revit to design their projects.
SHORT COURSES I’VE COMPLETED SO FAR
TAFE NSW-Sydney Institiute-Ultimo Nov 12th 2011 to Dec 3rd 2011 (4 Saturdays)
AutoCAD Level 1
- short course in basic AutoCAD skills
Abelard Consulting Pty Ltd Dec 1st 2011 to Dec 2nd 2011
- short course in technical writing
KarelCAD Autodesk Training Centre Oct 17th 2011 to Oct 19th 2011
- short course in basic Revit Architecture skills
June Dally-Watkins Education And Training Aug 6th 2011 to Aug 27th 2011(4 Sataurdays)
Corporate Success Programme
- short course in business etiquette